I want such a DIY package, where can I get one?
Check out my Shop page. If you have questions contact me at michu (at) pixelinvaders.ch.
PixelInvaders Panel DIY Basic Pack
You get 70 Led modules (only 64 are needed for a PixelInvaders Panel) and the build plan. Start your own PixelInvader today! This Pack is small and ideal to ship. However you need additional material to complete the PixelInvaders Panel, namely:
- 14 PVC foam boards with dimensions 800mm * 60mm * 3mm to create a 8 x 8 Louver
- 8 cube fasteners, perforated, used to connect the back plate with the front casing
- 4 sidewalls with dimensions 806mm * 70mm * 6mm, made of acrylic glass (plexiglass),
- 1 backplate with dimensions 812mm * 812mm * 5mm, made of acrylic glass or wood
- 1 frontplate with dimensions 812mm * 812mm * 3mm, made of opal acrylic glass
You get detailed Assembly instructions to create the housing and wire up everything.
How do I assemble the panel? What do I need?
What is additionally required to assemble a PixelInvader Panel?
- tools like a knife, a drilling machine, optional: adhesive for acrylic glass (as Acrifix 116 or Ruderer L530), optional: a soldering iron to connect cables
- an Arduino/Teensy (or compatible) board – only one needed for several panels
- 12 Volt power supply – you may use an old ATX Power supply
- a few cables
- optional: TV wall mount kit
- time and patience
- a bit of foam board for the backplate
How much does a Basic Pack cost?
Please see the PixelInvaders shop for more details.
|Supported operating systems>||Windows, Mac OSX, Linux|
|Hardware requirements||At least Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, 1GB RAM|
|Control of the PixelController software||Computer (Mouse and Keyboard)|
|MIDI interface, e.g. AKAI MPD26|
|OSC interface, e.g. TouchOSC (iOS, Android)|
|Connection of the PixelInvaders 3D panel:||USB interface|
|Functions of PixelController:||Generators (the video image gets generated)|
|Effects (the video image gets modified)|
|Mixer (multiple video images are combined)|
|Fader (Switching between video-mixed images)|
|Colorset (Consistent colors)|
|Modes of the PixelInvaders Software:||Manual control|
Each panel consists of 64 individually addressable pixels fields.
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||812mm x 812mm x 75mm|
|Body material:||Acrylic glass|
|Light sources:||192 high-intensity LED|
|Color Palette:||16.7 million additive RGB colors|
|Color Resolution:||15 bit Gamma corrected|
|Electrical power output:||Maximal 46 Watt, Average 20-25 Watt|
|LED Lifespan:||up to 50,000 hours|
|Operating Environment:||Indoor, LED IP66|
|Humidity:||0 bis 85% noncondensing|